The college library plays an important role in promoting the exposure of the students. It is a vital help to the students for study and research. The College Library has more than 44,550 text and reference books. It subscribes to nearly 50 national and international journals and periodicals. Now with the added privilege of the audio-visual unit in the college, the teachers and the students are looking forward to electronic information sources and support to expand their academic horizons.
Now it is participating in UGC- INFLIBNET and DELNET programme. Under this programme, more than 4000 journals can be accessed
- The College Library contains more than 44,550 text and reference books.
- The Library remains open on all working days from 7:30 AM to 4:40 PM.
- The period after 3:30 PM on every working day is set apart for office work of the library.
- Only the staff and students of the College and Persons with special permission of the Principal may use the library.
- No book should be taken out of the Library without the knowledge of the Librarian.
- Borrower must examine the conditions of the books before the issue, otherwise in case of mutilation discovered later the presumption will be against the borrower.
- Books borrowed from library must be returned to the librarian and to nobody else
- Writing or making should be made in the library book and no pictures or pages be removed or otherwise disfigured. In such a case the borrower may be asked to replace the book
- Persons in the library or its neighborhood are expected to observe strict silence.
- The library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading or consulting books and periodicals of the library.
- Any other articles such as bags, brief cases, personal books, umbrella and radio sets should not be brought into the library premises.
- Spitting, smoking shouting and sleeping inside the library are strictly forbidden.
- A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to her/him only if nobody wants to take the book. Books before issue should be presented to the librarian for necessary entries the register
- Books for reference, text book, current issue of periodicals, courses of studies and rare book shall not be issued out of the library without special permission of the Principal
- Members of teaching staff may borrow upto10 books for maximum one month and the members of ministerial staff, Demonstrators, librarian, PET may borrow up to 3 books for maximum15 days from the library acknowledging the receipt of books on a loan register.
- Students may borrow only one book for maximum 15 days on Library card issued to them.
- Any book lost, damaged or defaced must be replaced by the borrower if a book forms part a set or of series and the volumes cannot be obtain singly, the whole set of series must be replace at the readers cost. Should the books be rare and irreplaceable, the borrower must pay an amount up to a maximum of ten times of the catalogue price of the book.
- In case the prices of lost book are not ascertained, the borrower should pay compensation of an amount fixed by the Principal
Special Rules for the Students
- No student should enter the library room without the permission of the Librarian
- No one should enter the Library room with personal Books
- Perfect silence should be mentioned in the Library
- Library books should be returned within a fortnight failing which a fine of 50 paisa per day per book would be realized subject to a maximum limit of one rupee from student in whose name the book is issued
- Text books will not be issued to students; Reference books will be issued on call slip for consultation in the Library
- Ordinarily no book will be reissued
- Magazines and reference books should not be taken out of the library and be returned on the very day of issue. Fines will be imposed otherwise
- Ordinarily one book or journals is issued to every student for the reading room on a call slip. The librarian may issue more than one book if he/she thinks necessary, all such books and journals must be returned to the librarian at least 15 minutes before the library close for the day. If a student fails to return the book or journals a fine of 50 paisa per day will be imposed on him/her.
- A student who wants to take or return books must present library card to the librarian
- If the library card is lost, another card will be issued on application and on payment of 5 Rupees
- Ordinarily no student will be allowed to keep the library books with his/her during the puja holidays and summer vacation
- Slip containing the catalogue numbers according to subjects, sections & subsection of the books will be issued daily at the library counter. Books will be issued from 2nd to 4th period.
- The text book lending library has been started in the college to lend text books to the poor and deserving students. It is partially funded by the U.G.C.
- The borrower can take the book paying one tenth of price
- At the beginning of the academic session a notice will be given inviting applications from the intending borrowers
- The borrowers shall have to return the books before filling up the forms for the CHSE/Autonomous examinations. Other students shall have to return the books soon after annual examination of the college is over. If a student wants to keep the book for another session, he/she has to re-borrow the book after paying one tenth price of the book.
- There is a departmental Seminar Library for every department having honours subject
- The books are issued to the honours students by the officers in-charge of departments concerned
BOOKS ADDED TO LIBRARY FROM 2006-2007
|Sr. No||Year||No of Books|